My Blog List

Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Reflections: Week 6!!

Dear Deborah and my colleagues,

Thank God! I finished all my tasks/posts/articles for week 6!!! I read most of your comments in the nicenet environment and commented on some of your posts. I visited our wiki and your PPTs are amazing!!


Technology can really help teachers a lot dealing with large classes! In a regular class a teacher can not give attention to all her/his large group! But if we use a wiki as a classroom students will feel much better since they document their discussion/work! Students won't feel bad if their teacher doesn't respond to them personally… students feel safe since their work is posted.


Teaching large classes is very challenging! I've experienced teaching large and small classes and there are huge differences! Teaching small classes are much more effective than large ones… Sometimes I wish that teachers and parents start a revolution demanding governments having small classes… I think the money that governments pay for extra curricula hours and damages in our societies cost governments much more than providing good education to their kids. But of course for now we should do our best and utilize the resources that we have to help our students!

As always… Deborah's tips/PPT is so helpful. The youtube model presentation is helpful too. It is great how youtube videos can help us in teaching/learning. I have to tell you that I enjoyed creating my PPT!! As I said I visited our wiki and your work is great! These interactive presentations can make lessons much more enjoyable!


It takes time to create Interactive PPT first time. The content of my PPT is taken from our high school Literature Program "Integrating Higher-Order Thinking Skills with the Teaching of Literature". This is a relatively new program and teachers here are taking courses how to implement the innovations in teaching literature. This PPT can be presented in the lit courses for teachers. This PPT can serve both high school teachers and students. It has a content to teach and then some questions to check understanding! I think it is worth checking. It would be nice to visit our wiki and see my PPT:

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fsites.google.com%2Fsite%2F&followup=https%3A%2F%2Fsites.google.com%2Fsite%2F&service=jotspot&ul=1

All the best,
Khuloud.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Khuloud,

    I've viewed your Interactive PowerPoint. Its idea is very beneficial for me as I'm interested in HOTS. What your presentation lacks is just inserting some sounds that add life to this wonderful content.

    For the Program "Integrating Higher-Order Thinking Skills with the Teaching of Literature", can you talk more about it? And if you have some e-materials about it, can you send them to me?

    Yours,
    Azhar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Azhar,

    Thanks for viewing my PPT. I added only a "Bravo" background sound to the page when you have a correct answer. I think I should add a short video to this PPT. What do you think?

    Yes of course I can send you the link to the Literature Program:
    http://cms.education.gov.il/NR/rdonlyres/072E4999-2B61-4A96-993E-424FA9103A9A/115983/HandbookJuly14new.doc

    This is the program that we are implementing at high schools now. It would be great to know your response… and if you can please take a look at the pieces of literature in the curriculum (Core Program). Do you teach the same pieces of literature? If not, do you recommend other pieces? Your opinion is really important for me!

    And I have to tell you that I read your project: I am IMPRESSED. Your work is based on theory (research) and practice (experience) Bravo!

    Khuloud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Khuloud,

    I'm very glad you're done with previous weeks' assignments at last . Now, you can draw a long sigh of relief. Like Azhar, I viewed your PPT presentation and quite honestly, it reveals you're an expert in the matter! Touch wood;-) I even took and enjoyed the test. You "bravoed" me ten times.

    By the way, the picture is of a lion not a lioness!!

    Yours,
    Arbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Arbi,

    Happy you like my PPT. Yes, you are right! I am a kind of expert on this… I am a counselor for this Literature Program. You deserve your "Bravo"...

    BTW I googled a picture of a lioness and that was what I got. I have to make a confession! I don't like wild animals... and I don't know them well…it is strange that when I was a kid I liked visiting the zoo. Now things are different and I am so afraid of wild animals. I changed the picture to cartoon ones! Less frightening… at least to me :)

    Khuloud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Khuloud,

    I'm so sorry for being late to reply. Thanks so much for your link. I will read it carefully and send my opinion as soon as possible.
    Thanks so much for reading my project plan.

    Yours,
    Azhar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Azhar!
    Waiting patiently for your response.

    Best,
    Khuloud.

    ReplyDelete