My Blog List

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My reflections: Week 10!




As I said in our wiki, this course has exceeded all my expectations! It is one of the most informative courses I've ever taken… What I like most is that we not only discuss theories and updated articles here...we also create teaching activities based on the assigned reading and given web tools. We've not only learnt about Web 2 tools but also experienced using Web 2 tools. So Deborah helps us create real life applications to the web tools/resources in this course.

I believe we've learnt new teaching methods and long life computer skills. Using blogs, wikis, nicenet and other online tools is really a unique experience for me…


Our final project/product is the fruit of our extensive weeks of learning about incorporating technology in EFL classes. We have various projects and each one uses different tools and resources that match the teachers' teaching settings. Reading other colleagues posts, comments, tasks, and reflections are really useful and helpful. We share many experiences and knowledge with each other.

What I like most is the friendly learning atmosphere… mutual respect, mutual help and mutual support. I would like to thank all my colleagues in this course for their huge contribution in the success of the course. The special thank you goes to our instructor Deborah.



I wish we can have an online graduation ceremony or an online party to celebrate successful completion of this course! Any ideas??

Wish you all
good health
happiness
and a successful
teaching year,
Khuloud.

11 comments:

  1. Dear Khuloud,

    I want to congratulate you for your attractive post and for your fair evaluation. This course was very informative for me too. The amount of information and knowledge we have gained from this course is huge. I can freely say that we are so lucky to have the opportunity to take this online course.

    Yours,
    Luiza

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Khuloud,

    I strongly agree with you that the overall atmosphere of this course was friendly and inspirational. I'm really fortunate to have been provided with this unique opportunity to learn from and with such supportive and helpful teachers from all over the world.

    Thank you for being part of this group of dedicated teachers. I really enjoyed reading your insightful posts and comments. As we both teach high school students, perhaps it would be a good idea to connect them in an intercultural project. I'd really love to do that.

    Good luck and keep up the good work!
    Arjana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Khuloud,

    You always surprise me with your colors, pictures, and sweet words. I will miss you and your dreams a lot.

    I do agree with you that this course is very informative. One of its successful points is that it integrates both the theory and practice in a very a harmonious way. This is what we need in our classrooms. To practice, but according to a theoretical background.

    Exactly like you, I admire the friendly learning atmosphere that Deborah created throughout these 10 weeks. Actually, I don’t find words that describe her. She is a smart guide and facilitator. Also, I’m lucky to meet all these wonderful colleagues. They are so helpful and supportive from the very beginning of this course to the end.

    Don’t forget me as I will remember you forever!

    Yours,
    Azhar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all my great coursemates for your comments.

    Luiza, I agree with you we are so lucky to take this online course together… this group is really a special one!

    Thanks Victor it was a pleasure to be with you in this course. BTW do you know that "Khuloud" means immortality?

    Arjana, I would be more than happy to plan a project together with you! We have each other's emails and we can work on this! I think my students will jump out of joy for this idea!

    Azhar:) I will keep dreaming! BTW I have to tell you that I am serious about the online weddings! Online weddings can save us money, time and effort. Some people can be invited F2F and others who live in other towns/remote places can be invited online. But we should have high technology and good reasons (hope positive ones) to do it.

    Wish you all a happy healthy successful year!
    Khuloud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Khuloud,

    I believe that one day, these online weddings will come true. I strongly agree with you that this will save more money and effort. I always like your crazy ideas and dreams!

    Keep dreaming!

    Yours,
    Azhar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Khuloud,

    Congratulations to you and to all of us on the successful completion of the course. I appreciated all of your thoughtful postings. An online graduation party is a good idea - and I wouldn't have to worry about what to wear ;-)

    All the best,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Janet,

    In case we have Asynchronous party don't worry about clothes…
    Wish you a healthy successful teaching year!

    Azhar,

    I will keep dreaming and you please keep in touch!

    Khuloud.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Khuloud:

    I hope to have a graduation party. Thanks to the collaborative efforts of Deborah and all the classmates , this course has been a success.

    Be sure that you have a freind here in Jordan
    Thank you for your comments and advice.

    Hope we stay in touch

    All the best to you and your family.

    Ramadan Kareem

    Hanan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Khuloud,

    Thanks a lot for your kind wishes and beautiful flowers. It would be great to have the online graduation party! Maybe we should think of a special day, when we will 'gather' in Skype or some other virtual space.

    All the best

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hanan,

    Your words mean a lot to me dear friend! Keep in touch...Wishing you all the best.

    Welcome Bella,
    Yes, it would be great to meet online using Skype for a party! We should have Part B of this course… so we share our experiences incorporating technology in our EFL classes.

    Yours,
    Khuloud.

    ReplyDelete